Samsung Announces U.S. Availability of BusinessCore Printing Solutions for SMBs
RIDGEFIELD PARK, NJ – Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced U.S. availability of its BusinessCore Printing Solutions for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs). Designed to increase workplace efficiency through easy-to-use, serverless printing, Samsung’s BusinessCore Printing Solutions enable SMBs to meet specific document handling, output management and print accounting needs, while delivering robust security, maximizing productivity and minimizing expenditures.
BusinessCore Printing Solutions consist of integrated document management and output management solutions compatible with Samsung’s A3 and A4 multifunction printers (MFPs) that feature the XOA Embedded open platform. By incorporating automated printing solutions that work seamlessly with existing infrastructure, SMBs can manage, print and share documents with greater efficiency and agility. The services also protect sensitive documents by providing robust security with SecuThru Lite v2.
“Samsung is focused on delivering an enhanced business experience, a big part of which is helping companies of all sizes more efficiently manage their print resources,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president of Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “Our BusinessCore Printing Solutions allow SMB customers to create customizable workflow experiences using our new generation of multifunction devices – in particular, SMBs who are looking for a productive and cost-efficient solution, but aren’t prepared to make an extensive IT investment.”
BusinessCore Printing Solutions provide an essential suite of offerings to create a seamless workflow experience for business environments where there is no IT manager or separate IT budget and the need to ensure easy installation and operation without a server is paramount. BusinessCore Printing Solutions are available in two solution packages – the BusinessCore Document Management Pack, and the BusinessCore Output Management Pack.
BusinessCore Document Management Pack
The BusinessCore Document Management Pack contains three key solutions in one for increased productivity, security, and efficiency – SmarThru Workflow Lite, Cloud Connector, and Secure Login Manager.
• SmarThru Workflow Lite enables users to process and distribute documents to multiple destinations through an automated document capturing, scanning and routing solution. It also supports a Zone Optical Character Recognition (OCR) feature that allows documents with special text and barcodes in specific sections to be automatically classified once scanned.
• Cloud Connector provides a secure solution for scanning and printing documents from the cloud, without a need for a separate server. Cloud Connector supports a number of cloud services, including MicrosoftSharePoint Online and Google Drive, as well as PDF, TIFF and JPG formats.
• Secure Login Manager offers authenticated access to MFPs. Companies can choose from numerous authentication methods, including MFP internal authentication, network authentication, user ID and password input, employee ID cards and manual PIN input.
BusinessCore Output Management Pack
The BusinessCore Output Management Pack is comprised of two solutions for increased security and cost efficiency – SecuThru Lite 2 and Usage Tracker.
• SecuThru Lite 2 strengthens document security through user authentication. When a document is sent to the printer, it will not print until the user authenticates their credentials. Documents are encrypted for added security and are virtually queued before being printed, which can cut down needless print jobs that have been accidentally sent to print. SecuThru™ Lite 2 enables serverless pull printing among up to ten devices, and allows registration of up to 500 users to cater to a wide range of SMB sizes and needs.
• Usage Tracker monitors an individual’s usage across all networked MFPs including printing, photocopying, scanning and faxing on the printer’s operation panel. Usage reports can also be generated and delivered via email to enable proactive resource management, leading to lower operational costs.